Strand NGS Desktop v2.6 and Server Edition v1.3 now available
We are happy to announce the release of version 2.6 of Strand NGS Desktop as well as the release of version 1.3 of Strand NGS Server. Many of the additions and improvements are based on your valuable feedback and we hope you continue to let us know how we can improve Strand NGS to meet your requirements. Here is a summary of the main new features and improvements we have made for this release:
- Support for Amplicon-based targeted sequencing data, which can now be processed to remove target specific PCR primers and perform targeted alignment by providing the manifest file. View image on: Amplicon adapter trimming.
- In addition to the regular fasta/fastq files, unaligned BAM files can also be imported for alignment.
- Structural variants detection from split reads uses a new clustering approach to reduce the number of false positives.
- RNA-Seq analysis experiment can now be created directly from the read counts data (raw/normalized counts).
- Better log management: Logs can be directly emailed from the Jobs Monitor to the Strand NGS support team for quicker trouble shooting on failed jobs.
- Users can add custom annotations to samples, experiments, and region lists. These sample specific annotations can be propagated to associated result nodes and are searchable.
- Improved performance: Quicker access to Annotations Manager and Pipeline Manager.
Strand NGS Server Edition improvements
- Users can see the status of their job with respect to all submitted jobs in the queue.
- Server parameters have been optimised to execute long-running jobs smoothly.
How to update
Click Help > Update Product > From Strand Server to get access to the latest features and improvements. For a full listing of the changes in version 2.6, please refer to the Release Notes. Our support team is available 24/5 for any questions.
If you are not a customer yet and would like to try out the new features, click here for a free 20-day trial.
Upcoming Webinar - Streamlining large scale analysis using the Strand NGS Pipeline Manager
Did you know Strand NGS also has a Pipeline Manager to manage large scale analysis jobs? Or have you used it before and would like to find out more? Then sign up for our next webinar, scheduled on 24 February 2016.
Dr. Vamsi Veeramachaneni, VP Bioinformatics at Strand, will tell you all about how to best use the pre-packaged pipelines in Strand NGS for the most common workflows and how to create your own custom pipelines. The event includes a brief demo of a complex pipeline that aligns reads, filters poor-quality matches, computes coverage metrics, identifies variants, checks for sample cross-contamination, and emails quality reports - all from within Strand NGS. Vamsi will also be available for live questions at the event.